Saturday, October 28, 2006

How was your day, Dan?: meme

How was your day, Dan?: meme:

meme

If you don't like the q&a "meme" thing you'll hate this, don't read it. It's just a meme. From The Queen of Tuvalu who got it from somewhere else. Apparently they do them every Friday. Very introspective, personal-diary-ish, old-skool blogger kind of post.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

Well...it's "The Superior Person's Book Of Words," and on page 18, there are only three paragraphs--so the last paragraph is "Caudacity," the dropping of an unneeded appendage after it's been used; also means insanity. Weird word. Great book.

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

Air. I almost can touch M, but he drives me insane with all the sesame seeds he chews, spitting out the shells everywhere, so I moved my desk further away to get away from him. Although he smells really good. But I would never tell him that.

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?

On TV, I watched Sex And The City last night, a late re-run. But I watched Ugly Betty online today, since I missed it last night, and it filled me with joy. What a ridiculous, hilarious show.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

4:23 (It's 4:24. I have an uncanny knack for pinpointing the time at any given moment in the day.)

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?

R yelling at L because she's taking too long with editing the trailers for a television show, and L saying "Well leave me alone so I can get the f*cking tape out!" Heh. I love her. And the air conditioning, it's whirring constantly.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?

At 2:03 PM. I know that because I looked at the clock on top of the bank and thought "Oh no, it's 2:03, I'm late." I was jogging down Washington Ave, dodging homeless people and tourists, trying to get back to my desk quickly after taking too long a lunch break.

7. What are you wearing?

Brown pants, an orange striped button down shirt, and black sneaks. I'm wearing the shirt for Halloween, and because my boss left me in charge for the day and I wanted to look a little nice. It didn't work, no one is listening to me.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?

I don't remember. I usually have extremely boring, detail-oriented dreams. I will walk onto the sidewalk. I will walk down the sidewalk. I will walk into a store and buy some bread. I will walk back. It sucks.

9. When was the last time you laughed?

A few minutes ago. M said something stupid. Does it count if I'm laughing at someone? If that counts, then I laugh a lot.

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?

An assortment of 31 Post-It notes. I just counted them for the first time, there are 31 of them, all with bits of info. It's very A Beautiful Mind, all these scraps of paper on the wall.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?

Well, I'm looking at a wall covered in 31 Post-Its, which makes me look like I'm a crazy person. That's strange.

12. What do you think about this meme?

I dunno, it's just questions.

13. What's the last film you saw?

The Departed. I was exhausted by the end. Very good, and I am not (a) a mafia-movie guy, (b) a Leo DiCaprio fan, or (c) a person who can normally handle 3 hour movies. But I loved it. Oscars for everybody!

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?

Call Switzerland and put it all away. Then carry my checkbook with me and give money to people I meet who need it, small non-profit organizations who can't get grants but do the best work.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.

I had sex today. Did you know that? I bet you didn't. (See #6.)

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?

I would get rid of cocaine. It is ruining the lives of almost all of my friends, all around the country. I don't know how all my friends are coke addicts, but they are, and their lives are falling apart. I've never been in a situation like this, where I really don't know what to do. That, and the resurgence of fanny packs has me extremely worried.

17. Do you like dancing?

When I'm drunk. I'm too big, I stick out on the dance floor, and I get really self-conscious. I took lessons all through my childhood, though. Tap.

18. George Bush?

Sad. What a mess.

19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy?

I want little girls, silly little girls named Chloe and Olivia and other such niceties. I want to adopt several, all of different nationalities, so everyone matches through their separateness and no one feels out of place. Of course I'd gladly take a boy too. This is a sore subject with me, sadly, I fear I'll never have kids of my own.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Sure, I did the Europe thing for a while in my waif-model days, I'd go back...albeit not for the same career. If I had my choice, I'd do Berlin or Prague.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?

"Alright, I'm standing right here, are you convinced?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home